- 02-Dec-2016 to 01-May-2017 (CST)
- Libertyville, IL, USA
- Full Time
Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Milwaukee, Jason Industries, Inc. (www.jasoninc.com) is a public company to a global family of manufacturing leaders with four distinct segments serving a variety of end markets: seating, finishing, components and automotive acoustics. The Jason family of companies has a presence in 15 countries and employs more than 4,000 individuals worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (up to 7)
- Manage a department responsible for purchasing of raw material, components, MRO, outside service etc. for one or more manufacturing facilities
- Coordinate with plant personnel to understand production schedules, requirements for material, and material issues; expedite to meet production needs as necessary
- Identify, evaluate, and approve suppliers; coordinate supplier visit and audits
- Negotiation contract terms which meet the needs of the company; manage cost, delivery, payment terms etc. within approval authority
- Develop and utilize internal controls and processes to manage the flow of purchases
- Analyze market and purchasing trends
- Implement continuous improvement projects, such as Kanban systems, to improve efficiency of material movement and cost effectiveness of inventory on site
Bachelor's degree in related field
Five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience, including supervision
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency
Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Promote Collaboration - Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
Addresses and resolves conflict directly and constructively, focusing on issues rather than
people. Actively seeks out opportunities to involve or integrate those from different cultural
backgrounds and perspectives. Collaborates with others to share information so there are no
- Drive for Results - Establishes aggressive goals for the organization. Takes immediate and
independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise. Conveys a strong sense of
urgency and drives issues to closure. Gets results that have a clear, positive, and direct impact
on business performance.
- Inspire Trust - Models and inspires high levels of integrity. Treats others fairly and consistently.
Communicates across constituencies without compromising the integrity of the message. Has a
consistent track record of delivering on commitments.
- Uses Insightful Judgment - Applies broad knowledge and deep expertise to critical issues.
Chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and
available resources. Makes timely decisions on problems and issues balancing analysis with
decisiveness. Takes into account all relevant issues and stakeholders when making decisions.
- Analyzes Broad Issues - Clearly defines complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous
information. Recognizes key interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and
issues. Defines reasonable alternatives to resolve problems. Integrates information from a
variety of sources to arrive at optimal problem solutions.
- Build Relationships - Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner regardless of their
organizational level, personality, or background. Cultivates networks with people across a
variety of functions and locations within the organization. Listens attentively and with empathy
to concerns expressed by others. Supports and encourages the honest expression of others'
viewpoints. Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
Facilitates open discussion to ensure that everyone's viewpoint is heard.
Jason Industries is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to employ the best qualified personnel without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Jason Industries also provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities.