- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment: Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE and TOOL MAKER, MAINTENANCE, to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- May be designated according to equipment repaired as Circuit-Breaker Mechanic; Electrician, Crane Maintenance; Electrician, Rectifier Maintenance; Salvage Repairer I; Time Clock Repairer; Transformer-Coil Winder; or according to work location as Electrician, Machine Shop; Electrician, Refinery; Underground Repairer.
- May be required to hold electrician's license.
- Will work the required hours of the line including overtime hours
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair advanced automated systems.
- Must be able to edit Allen Bradley, Automation Direct and Siemens PLC Programs.
- Fanuc Robotics programming and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
Communicate and work cooperatively with Operation and Maintenance.
Works under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- 1. Reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- 2. Must have good Communication skills, have a team player approach, be goal focused, a self-starter, be highly motivated, and resourceful.
3. General working knowledge of computer and Microsoft Excel software.
Minimum – High School Diploma and/or three (3) to five (5) years related work experience operating manufacturing equipment.
- Degree of Physical Demands (Strength) usually associated with this classification:
- Moderate to light work: Exerting up to twenty-five (25) pounds of force infrequently and exerting ten (10) to fifteen (15) pounds of force frequently.
- Environmental Conditions (Physical Surroundings) usually associated with this classification:
- Incumbent is exposed to Manufacturing Plant conditions and infrequent exposure to loud noise(s).
- Environmental Conditions (Hazards) usually associated with this classification:
- Infrequent exposure to Hi-Lo traffic.